Friday, February 18, 2011

Judah day

I got to spend the whole day with my 2 year old nephew. *bliss* It was a day full of play-doh, puzzles, books (he loves it when I do voices), splashing in big puddles in the rain, eating, playing with a kazoo and auto harp (my mom's), drawing, going for a walk, and more. But our FAVORITE part of the day was watching "Make 'Em Laugh" from the movie Singing in the Rain.

Judah LOVES Singing in the Rain. He can sing the theme song and imitate the dance moves Gene Kelly does in the movie (Give him an umbrella and he will entertain himself for five minutes). Well, today we had on "Singing in the Rain" and I asked him if he wanted to watch the song "Make 'Em Laugh". We watched it at least 10 times throughout the day. We were both dying laughing. It didn't matter that we had seen it a million times before.

Sometimes Judah would just watch and laugh. Other times he would slide onto the floor and try to imitate whatever Donald O'Connor was doing in the movie.



As I was watching this video, it sort of hit me how old and mobile he is. I looked back on old blog posts when he was just months old. He was kind of a blob (a cute blob). He couldn't walk or talk or do much. And now two years later, he is a BOY. And growing up more and more every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are LOVING this video. and when i saw 'we' i mean me and the star of the show, who loves to watch and laugh along with himself. you are the best sister for watching him!!! thank you!

New Branch said...

awesome i posted as david again. he feels the same way

Smarshie said...

I have a couple more videos I took of him that are just as cute. I'll show you next time I see you. And you're very welcome! We had a great day and I LOVE spending time with Judes. Hope you guys had fun at the wedding!