Sunday, April 03, 2011

things that made me smile

I went away for a one-day retreat this weekend. A whole day with no computers or cell phones. It was lovely. I need to do that once in awhile. Lots of little things have been making me happy lately, so I thought I'd share some with you:

Sparkle shoes. Seriously, I am in love with them. I'm not a big shoe person. I mean shoes are fun, great, whatever. But I was in Target and something sparkly caught my eye. Glitter ballet flats. They had my size. Before I knew it, they were in my basket. I wore them today for the first time and I kept doing kicks to show people my fun new shoes. "Hey guys! Look what I just bought!" *high kick* And I would walk backwards outside to watch the sunlight on them and everyone was making fun of me. I think I'm too old to wear something like sparkly shoes, but I don't care. I luff them.


My car, Johnny , turns 5 this month. And he is officially paid off!! Woohoo!

Baseball season has begun again!!!

Got my taxes done and got a sweet refund. Thank you, Uncle Sam.

After much thought, I have decided to tackle a book I kept putting off because of its size. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I am flying down to see my BFF in July and we have tickets to see the musical (it's my fav). I figured this was the time to read it, if any. It's huge. 1463 pages, unabridged. And I'm LOVING it. Hugo spends 70 pages just describing the bishop. We haven't even met Jean Valjean yet. I am enjoying reading all the backstory and getting to know the characters in a deeper way. Have any of you seen the musical? Have any of you read the book?

Last week I finally got a new cell phone. My old one was...old. Falling apart. I've had it for 3 or 4 years and was due for an upgrade. So I hit the Verizon store and picked out a new one...fer free! I don't want a smartphone, just calls and texting. So I picked a basic one, but it's a bright blue color. And then I looked online and found a fun cover for it.

I cleaned my room and bathroom. It took forever. But a clean room/bathroom makes me smile. It's the little things.

My day retreat away from the craziness of work and life.

This weather! I wore shorts and flip flops last Thursday and was in heaven.

The twin babies talking with their hand gestures...and everyone's subtitles of what they think they're saying. So awesome!!

No comments: