Tuesday, October 05, 2010

happy birthday sister!

36 years ago today, my older sister Amy was born. To celebrate her day-of-birth, I would like to dedicate this blog to her. Aimes, you did this for my last birthday and I really loved the idea, so I am going to copy it. (As the younger sibling, copying ANYTHING the older sibling does is frowned upon. But I can't help it. I just always loved my sister's ideas and looked up to her, so yes, I copied her a lot. Our mom would try and smooth it over by saying, "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery." Sure, Mom.)

IN HONOR OF AMY'S 36TH BIRTHDAY I AM GOING TO:

* sleep in (oh blessed sleep, she needs more of you...)

* drink an amazing cup of coffee

* play with the cutest 22 month old in the world

* go to the farmer's market

* watch Singing In The Rain, Laurie Berkner, and Raffi videos

* work at a job that is truly making a difference in this world

* make fun of my neighbor's bad karaoke

* do something fun with my hair (sausage bangs? perm? white streak underneath? whatever I feel like!)

* spend time with my friends and their adorable kids

* put together a snazzy outfit from whatever's in my closet

* go to Peet's for some more delicious coffee

* watch Dancing With The Stars, 30 Rock, and Project Runway

* eat a yummy meal mostly made with Trader Joe's/Farmer Joe's groceries

* listen to amazing, Spirit-led worship from Bethel

* go to the zoo with "little son"

* have a night out with good company, fun drinks, and live music

* get lost in a good book

* spend a weekend at Mount Hermon with the people I love

* watch a fun Netflix movie with popcorn

* make my sister laugh

Happy birthday to YOU, Amy! I love you so much and could not have asked for a better sistah. I am so thankful for the years we've had together and I look forward to the many more to come. xoxoxo

3 comments:

New Branch said...

ahahahahahaaaa! i LOVE it. so special. you're awesome. enjoy my day.

Rebecca said...

i like this post...and that picture of the nyquists too..sisters are fun

The Webbers said...

You can listen to Laurie Berkner with us any time:) Seth is OBSESSED!