Sunday, October 03, 2010

GOOOOO GIANTS!!

Wow, I am on a bit of a euphoric high right now.

The San Francisco Giants are the National League West champions!

Lemme back up.

I actually had the opportunity to go to a game last Thursday with my church staff. We had a great time. I flippin' love AT&T Park. Beautiful stadium, beautiful day, and where we were sitting - a perfect view of the bay. I took this picture with my phone about a half hour before the game started.


The Giants played the Arizona Diamondbacks. The crowd was full of energy. Everyone was decked out with their Giants T-shirts, baseball caps, foam fingers, you name it. The Giants won 4-1. We went nuts! But that was nothing compared to this weekend.

The Giants had 3 games scheduled against the San Diego Padres. All they needed was to win ONE to be the NL West champions and head to the play-offs. Did they win Friday night? No. Did they win Saturday? No. People were freaking out. They only have one more chance. Did they win today? YES!!!!!!!!!!



They beat the Padres 3-0 and the 42,000 people at AT&T Park simultaneously wet their pants in sheer excitement. NL WEST CHAMPS! Play-offs coming our way! World Series in the future?!?!

All the players ran out onto the field and were jumping up and down, high-fiving, and slapping each other's bottoms. Then they all did a lap and ran around the edge of the field, high-fiving fans. Oh man, I wish I could have been there for today's game! So epic!!

My highlight after the victory lap was a lady going around interviewing players before they went into their dungeon and partied. She was interviewing Tim Lincecum (pitcher) and he totally dropped the F-bomb on live TV!! This was being shown on Fox Sports and ESPN!! I was so shocked, I laughed. Wait, did he just....yes! Yes he did!



Oh Giants, I love you. You've made many, many people in Northern California very happy. Good luck in the play-offs!!

2 comments:

WackyMamma said...

I didn't know you were such a Giants fan!
Congrats!
Hard for me to say, since I'm a devoted Padres fan. :)
Intense last games.

Happy for Boch! (and Flan)

Go NL!

Smarshie said...

Hi friend! Yep, I do love the Giants. My love for them has slowly grown more and more in the past couple years as I've been able to go to more games. I love getting caught up in all the excitement!

Your Padres were kicking butt Friday and Saturday. They played reeeeally well. It made us all nervous. =)