Tuesday, October 05, 2010

GLEE-cap #3

Well THAT was a 180. To go from Britney Spears and her scandalous shenanigans to a whole episode about God and faith. Some views were shared about Jesus: he is a fairy tale character like Santa Claus (Kurt), he is a genie that grants 3 wishes (Finn), he is not the Messiah (Rachel and Puck), he is someone worthy of worship (Mercedes), some people don't believe in him at all (Kurt and Sue), etc. I'm sure we've heard these before. I hope this episode gets people thinking and talking about what they believe. And now...onto the GLEE-cap. (Don't read if you haven't seen the episode yet. I don't want to spoil anything for you.)


TOP TEN QUOTES/MOMENTS FROM "GRILLED CHEESUS"

10) "You got a problem with Jesus?" -Finn to Puck

"No, I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus. He's my number one 'Heeb' (Hebrew)." -Puck

9) I loved Mercedes' song "I Look To You". It was so nice seeing/hearing Mercedes sing - she is so talented and a bit under-used on the show. I know she can belt it out, but I liked this song because it also showed the softer side of her voice.

8) "Both of my dads' peoples were slaves once. I need to know that my children will be free to worship in the way that I decide is right." -Rachel

"Sure. Of course. Yeah, they should totally go to Jew church. And wear those hats. And eat that salty orange stuff with their bagels." -Finn

7) "I need to know what's going on with that glee club. Brittany? Jugs the Clown? Go." -Sue to Brittany and Santana

6) “Last week we were too sexy. This week we’re too religious. We can’t win.” -Tina

“Now I know what Miley feels like.” -Brittany

5) My FAVORITE song of the night was Rachel's version of "Papa Can You Hear Me". I actually heard it Monday (a little sneak peek on YouTube) and listened to it 10 times in a row. It's so beautiful, emotional, haunting. I love Lea Michele's voice!

4) I love Sue's relationship with her older sister. Their scenes are always very touching. I like what her sister said at the end: "God never make mistakes. That's what I believe."

3) Kurt just wants to hold your hand, Burt. Those flashback scenes were so cute. They did a great job finding a younger version of Kurt. Loved him learning to ride a bike with a bowtie. And I loved Burt learning the correct way to hold a teacup (pinky up!)

2) I remember when "One of Us" by Joan Osbourne came out in 1995. It was always on the radio and I got tired of it. However, if you get a chance to hear the full version of the GLEE cover, it's quite good. It's like that "Bad Reputation" episode in May when they took bad/cheesy songs from the past and redeemed them.

1) This last highlight wasn't from the episode - but from next week's promo! Sam Evans joins the GLEE club! They all pair up and do duets! Brittany hits on Artie! And rumor has it Mike Chang sings for the first time - a duet with Tina. Awhhh.

Your thoughts on the episode?

No comments: