Monday, September 27, 2010

indian summer? or hell?

I was really looking forward to our annual "Indian Summer" this fall. This summer was on the cool side, with not many sunny days. But usually September and October make up for it. But good lord, the past 3 days have been over 100 degrees. I was kind of hoping for a happy medium. Say, 80 degrees with a nice ocean breeze?

I had every intention of taking today off work and going to the beach to jump in that cold water. But this has literally been me all day.

It is so hot. Do you see the sun blazing through my curtains on the left? 105 degrees. I have no energy to do anything. I can't get out of bed. I just lay there with the fan blowing in my face. I am supposed to go to my hip hop class tonight, but the thought of dancing in a heatbox with 12 other sweaty people is not appealing to me right now. Not to mention that I'd have to actually get up from this bed.

So I guess I'm going to pop in disc three of my 30 Rock (Season 1) marathon and keep watching the crazy antics of Liz, Jack, Tracy, Jenna, and Kenneth.

Stay cool, friends! (Not in the slang way. In the opposite-of-hot way.)

1 comment:

New Branch said...

hahaha i laughed out loud at that photo and the hot box comment