Sunday, December 02, 2007

favorite Christmas movies

Last night I was watching Elf and it got me thinking about all the fun holiday movies out there. So...INTERACTIVE BLOG. Share with us your favorite Christmas movie. It can be old-school (Rudolph or Frosty) or recent. Don't be shy. Let's all swim in the pool of nostaglia.

I'll start: mine is "It's a Wonderful Life". ("I wish I had a million dollars... HOT DOG!") It might not exactly be a Christmas movie, but it ends at Christmas-time and I always watched it around the holidays, so that is what I associate it with. A close second is "A Muppet Family Christmas". ("Careful of the icy patch!") That one came out when I was 10 and we taped it off T.V. and watched it all the time.

Ok, your turn...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

My most favorite Christmas movie is Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer! You know the one from when we were kids, made out of clay. I introduced it to my youngest daughter this year and she loves it too. I actually just bought the whole set this past Saturday. It was even on sale for $5 off! Another favorite of ours if The Polar Express. We've made a tradition of watching it while drinking hot chocolate the weekend before Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hi Smarhers! Ok, old school fave is the Charlie Brown Christmas. I love the caroling at the end and the fact that Linus preaches it! New school faves are The Grinch and Elf. "You're my dad and I love you, I love you!" Kills me.

Anonymous said...

I am an idiot! comment #5 is Jenna H.'s :) I just forgot to sign it.

Smarshie said...

Jenners, I love how you called me "Smarhers". =) And that is so funny that you said Charlie Brown Christmas because we are watching it in my office right now! (compliments of YouTube)

Love you, friend.

rené said...

Old School = Irving Berlin's White Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas

New(er) = The Santa Clause 2...because Chet is the funniest reindeer EVER