Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I have T.F.

Lately I have been noticing that my right index finger has been sore. It hurts a bit whenever it touches something. What the heck is it from? I was going through all scenarios in my head and it wasn't until this morning I finally realized what it is.

I have "Text Finger". Or as I will refer to it from now on...T.F.

Some people may have T-squared or T.T. which is "Text Thumbs". Where they punch on their phone or Blackberry using their thumbs. I don't know why but I've always texted by holding my phone in my left hand and punching the numbers with my right index finger.

The point is people, I love texting. I do. At first, I was not into it at all. My students would text me all the time. "Hey! I'm in class! Just wanted to say hi!" or "What's going on at college group tonight?" Or my personal fav is when they would text me and I could barely understand what they were saying: "im at the mll. do u wnt me 2 pck u up smthng frm SB?" (SB=Starbucks) But slowly as time went on, I began to explore this new world of communication. And I got hooked.

lol.
g2g.
ttyl.
brb.
idk.
omg.
2moro.

These abbreviations are part of texting lingo. Not necessarily ones I use, but ones I see a lot.

WHO AM I!? Am I 12? Seriously, isn't texting for jr. high and high schoolers? Why do I love it so much? Will my T.F. ever go away?

2 comments:

rené said...

you should give your t.f. a workout by sending me a few texts to let me know how you're doing since i miss you so stinkin' much! :)

Amanda said...

I love text messenging! It's so much faster than calling someone. I'm really not so good with the abbreviations though.