Saturday, November 17, 2007

best new fall show

I am a LOST fanatic. It is my fav. show on TV. However, it does not come back on until February of '08. Grey's Anatomy has become painful to watch and even The Office is not as funny as last season. But fear not! There is a new show this fall that we should all be watching if we're not already: Pushing Daisies.
What are you doing Wednesdays at 8 pm? Nothing? Perfect. Check it out. (I feel like I should be working for ABC or something). Here's the story: the main character Ned has an amazing gift. He can bring the dead back to life...but only for a minute. He discovered this gift when he 9. His mom died while she was baking a pie (heart attack I think). He went over and touched her body. She immediately came back to life! But here's the catch...the magic has one flaw. If you bring someone back to life, they can only stay alive for one minute. If they stay alive after that, someone else nearby will die (to take their place).

Who died in Ned's mom's place? His next door neighbor. Little Ned had a crush on 9 year old Charlotte ("Chuck") next door. Her dad was out watering the lawn when Ned's mom came back to life. Because Ned didn't know about the "catch" to his magical touch, Chuck's dad died after a minute. Ned was horrified when he realized what happened. And then to make matters worse, that night when his mom kissed him goodnight, she died again. This time...permanently. Once Ned chose to keep something alive, he could never touch them again or they would go back to being dead forever. If you watch this 3 minute video, it can explain things a little better:

Two reasons I love this new show: 1) the Narrator is Jim Dale. Jim Dale is British and does all the voices in the Harry Potter books-on-CD. My roomates and I got into listening to them in our cars to and from work. Jim Dale can do over 200 voices of all the characters in the HP books! He is amazing. Just listening to his voice sounds like you are entering a fairy tale. 2) Kristin Chenoweth. I fell in love with her four years ago when I fell in love with the musical "Wicked". She played Glinda, the good witch on Broadway (and on the soundtrack). On Pushing Daisies, she plays Olive, a waitress in the pie shop with a crush on Ned.

The show is fun, colorful, entertaining, quirky, magical, and very sweet. Let me know what you guys think after you check it out.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm also in love with Pushing Daisies. I can't wait for Lost to start again. I watch Grey's Anatomy every week too.