Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Switchfoot concert


Last night I went to a Switchfoot concert. When I first walked in, I felt SO OLD. There were junior high, high school, and college students everywhere. I felt so old and so tall. I had no idea the crowd would be that young. As the night went on, I saw more of an age range, but it still seemed quite young.

The concert was AWESOME!! I loved every minute of it. Those guys are so gifted. They rocked out for an hour and a half. I loved hearing the songs off their new album and they played some songs from their last one, too. At one point, the lead singer Jon Foreman whipped out a harmonica to play a new song and the crowd went nuts!

My highlight of the night: one of my favorite songs of theirs is called "This Is Your Life." At one point, Jon stopped singing and held the microphone out to the audience so everyone could sing the words. And sing they did! People were singing their little hearts out. And here is the line we all sang -

"This is your life. Are you who you want to be?"

LOVE it. Suddenly, I was so glad the room was filled with junior high and high school kids. I was listening to their voices sing that line and wondering, "Are they thinking about what they're singing?" They are at that age when they are being formed into who they are. Are they who they want to be?

Are we?

No comments: