Sunday, March 19, 2006

Buckstars


In the county I live in, it is very trendy to boycott all major corporations and support the little independent places. It's our way of "stickin' it to the man!!" And for the most part I do. However, there is one major exception. I cannot boycott Starbucks. I just love it too much. Sometimes I just want to sink into one of their couches, listen to the obligatory Norah Jones CD, "people-watch" to my heart's content, and drink my delicious peppermint mocha frappaccino. Sometimes I'll go with a book, sometimes I'll bring my journal, and sometimes I'll go with a friend (or friends) and have fun conversations. Yesterday was such a day. My good friend Jenna and I walked to Buckstars from my house and we sat for HOURS on the comfy couch, laughing our heads off. It was amazing. I had kind of a stressful week, including working three nights in a row (I usually only work one night per week) so I was in deperate need for some sort of release. And that was it for me. We were laughing so hard we were wiping away tears. It completely made my day and my week. Not to say we couldn't have laughed hysterically like that in Coffee Cat, but C.C. doesn't make my yummy frap. Does that mean I'm a coffee snob? So be it. I love Starbucks.

4 comments:

Thegoodz said...

Smarshie,
I've been over to your house a few times in the lastweek, and no Smarshie sitings??? What the? I hope that our paths cross soon...

However it aint gonna happen at starbucks...girl you crazy

Smarshie said...

Oh Scotty, that made me laugh. =) I know, we need to hang out soon.

Gibbytron said...

Amen, sista! I say, if it tastes, good, freaking consume it! Who CARES where it comes from???

-The Corporate whore...

Smarshie said...

Haha! Bennett, you're awesome! =)