Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mitchell


So, my dark blue Saturn (Mitchell) had a little "episode" Saturday. I was at the mall and he just wouldn't start up. I had him towed and worked on for two days. It was very strange to not have a car Saturday-Tuesday. I never realized how dependent I am on my car. If I lived closer to where I work, I could just bike there. But I work too far away. So I was literally stranded Monday and Tuesday, with no way to get to church. Monday I ended up staying home all day to work on my talk for last night and then Tuesday I took the bus. THAT was an experience all in itself. All I can say is that there are some sketchy people who take the bus, but it was all good fun. One of my co-workers drove me home that evening, which was so sweet because it was completely out of her way. But now I finally have my car back....450 bucks later. Yowzahs. Mitchell needed a new alternator. So, here's hoping I really DO get a fatty tax return this year! =)

No comments: