Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This book ROCKS


Oh my word, I am in love with The Brothers K. It is a fiction novel written by David James Duncan. It follows the Chance family: mom, dad, 4 sons all a year apart, and two younger twin sisters. It's their life growing up in the 60's. Dad was a pro-baseball player and then busted his thumb in a papermill accident. And now they have to deal with life after that.

I love Duncan's writing style. I go to bed thinking I'll just read for ten or fifteen minutes...and then it's two hours later and I STILL can't put the book down. And the best part is I have been laughing OUT LOUD multiple times at night. Poor Laurel-my upstairs roomate. I hope I don't wake her up (my laugh is pretty darn loud). I can' help it though. I love this family.

1 comment:

Emily said...

hiiii sarah!! looks like a good book :) - definitely get excited about mansfield park, the secret life of bees and blue like jazz - all are amazing. :)

oh my gosh - i didn't know liz was a pirate at that thing in SF?? i went to that in like 5th grade and hated it, i was so freaked out and scared of the people. it'd probably be fun now. that's so funny.