Sunday, February 19, 2006

Moving Day!





I am pooped.

But in a good way.

Today, myself along with my mom, dad, sister Liz, and a couple other friends helped my older sister Amy and her husband David move into their VERY FIRST HOME!

They have been married for a year and a half. And they got to buy their own house only about 10 minutes from their old place. It's so cute. They painted all the rooms different colors. I started off the morning with a fun memory we'll be laughing about for years to come. The floor had just been polished and I stepped on a drop cloth to pick up some paint to move...when S-W-I-S-H, I slip, fell, and slid across the floor until I hit the wall.

I fell on my right arm and it hurt so bad. I immediately realized I wouldn't be much help today. I couldn't lift anything with my right arm. I felt quite useless. I wanted to come and help move heavy things, and before we even get started, I bust my arm. I probably looked really silly when everyone was moving things with both hands and then there's me carrying in dumb little things like A pillow with my gimpy arm hanging dead at my side. =)

But here's my gift to my sis and bro-in-law: I cleaned their bathroom. To others, it might not be a big deal, but to me IT WAS. Ask anybody...I DESPISE cleaning bathrooms. I will do anything to avoid it as long as possible. Give me trash duty, give me dish duty, anything! I just DON'T want to clean my bathroom. But today I even volunteered to clean theirs! I could scarcely believe it! But that was a way I could help. And it felt real good to see it sparkling when I was done. If only I felt as motivated to clean my own...fat chance.

Anyway, I am including some fun pixs from the day. The first is Amy and I early in the morning. Note the coffee cup and how tired we look. Zzzzzzz...Second pix is dad and bro-in-law moving the heavy stuff into Amy's KFAX work van (with that moustached dude on the side - she doesn't like driving that thing around, but it was helpful for the big stuff) Third pix is me on bathroom duty. Cleanliness with a smile! And lastly, Amy and David outside their new abode at the end of the day.

I am off to heat my arm and get a good night's sleep. Peace out!

No comments: