Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Oh deer


The other night I pulled into my driveway and I spotted three deer across the street, nibbling on our neighbor's lawn. I had my new nifty digital camera with me so I snuck out of my car and slowly started walking near them to get a shot. To my astonishment, they started walking towards me! I got my camera all set to snap a picture...and I went for it. *click* The flash FREAKED them out! They took off running in the other direction. After about two seconds, they started putting their legs together and hopping like antelope! They were pounding the ground! Oh my word, they are fast, strong, and powerful dudes! I had no idea. If they ran at me, I'd be dead. Now I can understand why cars get all messed up when deer run into the street. They've got power!

After all the excitement of watching them pound away into the darkness, I checked my camera and the picture didn't even turn out. Awhhh...snap. I need to figure out how to work the settings on this thing so I can take pictures at night.

Oh dear.

No comments: