Sunday, January 15, 2006

I am sad but I'll be ok

Two recent events have made me sad. The first being my dear friend, Lindsey and her husband Luke have moved to San Diego. Lins and I have been BFF's for over three years and almost two years of that we were roomates. Since college, I have had many, many roomates (sharing a room) but none was ever so easy to live with as Lindsey. It's so weird, I feel like I have known her for 10 years, not 3. We have both been through a lot and we have been there for one another and shared deeply. I had the honor of being her maid-of-honor two Augusts ago. Even after she and Luke got married, they were still only ten minutes away. But now they have left and I will miss her so much. Yes, we will still call and email, but it's not the same as being to see each other whenever we want. I am praying for them - that their transition will be smooth, they will make some fun new friends, and find a great new church down there.

The second event also happened this weekend and it was something I knew was coming. My dear grandfather (aka: Pop-Pop) passed away. I am so grateful the Lord took him quickly. I didn't want him to be in pain any longer. And now he gets to be with JESUS!!! That thought brings so much comfort. He is also with his parents, brothers, sisters and friends that passed before him. I am saddened by the news and I am going to miss him terribly. He was a very special part of my life. But I will be ok. I know where he is and who he is with - the king of kings!

No comments: