Sunday, January 22, 2006

A very full weekend





On Friday I went and saw the movie Tristan and Isolde. I had such high hopes. Bummer. Long, quite dull, it didn't really flow. James Franco, although very easy on the eye, tried desperately throughout the entire movie to have an English accent. (And I emphasize tried) And plus, I felt every scene he was in, he was crying. After about 247 scenes with him tearing up, I was about ready to throw popcorn at the screen. And I didn't even have popcorn. I'd give the movie a C.

On Saturday I got to spend time with a good friend I haven't seen in a long time. Her name is Jessica and we are in the pix standing under the lovely Old Navy sign (Solid Tees-2 for $12!) Love her.

Sat. night I got to see my sister, Liz, in a stage production of Bye Bye Birdie. It was SO AWESOME! The cast was so lively and full of excitement. The Conrad Birdie/Elvis-type character was hilarious (pic above with ladies crowding around him), and I just LOVE seeing my sis up on stage singing and dancing her heart out. I am so proud of her.

And then today (Sunday) was my grandfather's memorial service. Gosh, what an emotional day. How do you put into words all you feel? Overall, I look back on it and say it was a wonderful time of celebrating his life here on earth and rejoicing because he is now in heaven. (**I had to include my favorite picture of the day. I got to my grandma's house and my mom came out in a nice dress, black tights...and socks. White socks. I flippin' LOVE my mom! "My feet were cold!!" she said. I just had to take a picture and share it with all of you)

I hope you had a nice weekend.

1 comment:

caramac said...

Marshie...you're amazing....and remember, jesus isn't going to give you more than you can handle. Love you. let's chat soon. cara:)