Sunday, June 05, 2011

there's no crying in softball

I just signed up for a summer softball league.

Do I play softball?

No.

Have I ever been on a softball team?

No.

Do I own any softball equipment?

No.

I don't know what possessed me. I just saw an advertisement for it and I signed up.

I am secretly terrified that I will be like Evelyn in the movie "A League of Their Own". I'm going to mess up and my coach is going to call me over and say, "Uh Sarah, what team do you play for? Ours? Well I was just wondering why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead?! You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you! Start using your head! That's the lump that's three feet above your ass!!"
And then I'll start crying and he'll yell that there's no crying in softball and I will be benched for the season.

6 comments:

New Branch said...

see the grass cowgirl, don't eat it. ps love love that you're on a softball team.

Smarshie said...

"Get these wild animals away from me! Haven't you ever heard of a leash?!"

Jody said...

I like to cheer for my team, but kudos to you for actually playing!!!

Smarshie said...

Jodes, I think you should join your work's team next year!

Susannah said...

this post is hilarious.

Susannah said...

this post is hilarious.