Sunday, April 10, 2011

opposites

I am realizing things about myself as I get older. Here's what I've learned lately. Many of the things I like (or characteristics that I have) are different. Opposite.

For example:

I am an extrovert. I am an introvert. Equally.

I love dressing in grubby clothes and getting dirty on a long hike through the redwood forest. And then I love turning around and being girly and getting a mani/pedi.

I love big blockbuster movies. But I also love small indie movies.

I am huge supporter of local businesses and I dislike big chains. But I freaking love Starbucks. (the worst big corporation of all!)

I am a big fan of deep conversations that make me think deeply and stir something in my heart. But I am also a huge fan of silly conversations about pop culture or just finding someone to trade witty banter with.

I can simultaneously read the 1,463 page "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo and then take a break and read some Harry Potter.

I am a liberal conservative. Or a conservative liberal. Whichever you like.

Sometimes I feel so strong. I can take on the world. I am woman, hear me ROAR. Other times I feel so weak. This crazy world is too much for me to handle and I just want to cry.

Have you noticed any opposites in your life?

No comments: