Tuesday, June 08, 2010

GLEE finale

Spoiler alert! Don't read if you haven't watched it.

So...what did you think of the season finale?

Before we say anything, let us take a moment and relive the episode's best Sue Sylvester quotes:

* "I have to be honest, Will. I'm having a really difficult time hearing anything you have to say today because your hair looks like a briar patch. I keep expecting racist animated Disney characters to pop up and start singing songs about living on the bayou."

* "Kiss my @$$, Josh Groban!!!"

* Will: "I should shake your hand."
Sue: "Not unless you got some hand sanitizer. I've seen that car you drive. I don't want to catch 'poor'."

* "But what kind of a world would that be Will. A world where I couldn't constantly ridicule your hair. A world where I couldn't make fun of you for tearing up more than Michael Landon in a sweeps week episode of Little House on the Prairie?"

* "I know you think I'm heartless, Will. And you may have a point. I spend large segments of each day picturing you choking on food. And I've recently contacted an exotic animal dealer because I had a very satisfying dream that the two of us went to a zoo and I shoved your face into one of those pink-inflamed monkey butts."

Honestly, the writers went all out for this final episode. As soon as Sue said these lines I would burst out laughing and then miss the next few seconds of dialogue. Why oh WHY is Jane Lynch so fabulous?!?

Ok, thoughts on the finale. LOVED the songs. Sometimes in episodes, I like a couple songs and the rest are just okay. I loved every song in this episode!

Faithfully - Fichel! (Finn + Rachel)

Anyway You Want It/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' - awesome

Don't Stop Believing - how fun to see the other glee club members sing the song!

Bohemian Rhapsody - um, incredible. Some of those leaps and flips they did were craaaazy. I thought it was creative to go back and forth between the song and Quinn having her baby. However I wasn't the biggest fan of Jessie St. James being in the center of the group as if he's a baby being born. Do you know what part I'm talking about? Ew.

To Sir With Love - bawled my eyes out. If they could have held it together, I could have held it together. But no. They lost it so I lost it. Even Mr. Schuester lost it.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - very sweet and tender. Loved Puck and Schue singing together. Again, teared up.

What are your thoughts on the finale? Do you wish they had won? Are you glad they didn't? What about the "I love you"s spoken tonight? Discuss.

3 comments:

Jody said...

I am so happy my boss and another male co-worker watch this show! Sue Sylvester is my All-Time. I usually try to wince past the bad acting in this show, and the fact that Quinn went into labor and pushed out a baby before Regionals ended, but I thought this was a good season finale.

New Branch said...

very creative to have quinn's labor and the bohemian rhapsody simultaneously. BUT NO ONES LABOR IS THAT SHORT. please. a 15 min song. I love tv. i also loved how Sue voted for New Directions 'I can say I honestly voted my heart'. And one more thing...isn't this how last season ended with all the couples getting together in the final moments (mr. shue and emma, rachel and finn) and then the 1st episode of the next season they all break up. get a new story line.

Smarshie said...

I'm planning on buying Sue's book when it comes out ("I'm A Winner And You're Fat").