Monday, May 03, 2010

overheard conversation

On my plane ride home this evening, I happened to overhear a conversation happening in front of me. Myself and three other people were on the runway, about to enter the plane. (We were the last people to get on) It was an elderly gentleman and his wife (probably in their 80's) and a middle aged woman they had JUST MET. Keep that in mind.

Here is what I heard.

Elderly gentleman (speaking to middle aged woman): "When my wife and I had to go through security, I got chosen to be 'checked' off to the side. It was a trainee who did it and I think it was his first time getting to do a pat-down. His trainer was watching him like a hawk so I think he was trying to be VERY thorough. Best strip search I've ever had."

Middle aged woman: "Dang, he probably even checked how many testicles you had."

(UM, WHO SAYS THAT TO AN ELDERLY COUPLE YOU'VE JUST MET?!?)

But without skipping a beat, the elderly woman said: "Hopefully he didn't find more than two."

Me: *silent laughter (shoulders shaking) for about two minutes until I sat in my seat*

2 comments:

Jody said...

Sounds like he enjoyed the experience.
My word verification is pullec.

Smarshie said...

dude, I don't know WHAT is going on with these weird word verifications.