Monday, November 16, 2009

pah-rum-pum-pum-pum

I'm sitting in my office. Everyone else has gone home for the day. It would be very quiet - except for one thing.

The drums.

Two days a week, a group of about 10-15 people gather here at the church to hit drums. Or I should say trash cans. They have a collection of bright silver trash cans that they turn over and bang the bottoms of. They are practicing and getting ready for the Christmas concerts that will be in a month.

I am trying very hard to be productive, but it is so hard when the drums are right by my office. Drums drums drums. They might as well just come in here because they're so loud.

However, I know the end result will be SO WORTH IT. Here is what they will look like in one month (this video is from last year's Christmas concert):

2 comments:

New Branch said...

that is SO awesome. it gave me chills..and a headache just thinking about trying to work next to that practice.

Jody said...

I hope it rattles your rib cage this year...like the worship service at my new church...