Tuesday, May 19, 2009

barn dancin'

I think I've blogged about this before, but our house has discovered a special farm about 40 minutes from us on the coast. The third Saturday of each month, the farm is open to the public. There is a potluck at 6 pm and then some barn dancin' at 7 pm. They have a country band and a caller, explaining the dances. SO FUN!!

For this month's barn dance, two of my roomates and I decided to wear pigtails.



We had a dear friend, Jenna, visiting from Southern California. She had never been to the farm or barn dance before so we took her. We got there a little early, so we walked up to see the goats and chickens. There were so many baby goats! Cute cute. At the chicken pen we saw some roosters chasing and jumping on the chickens (If chickens could talk, we imagined them saying, "Seriously? No means no.") And the roosters kept...what's the sound they make? Cock-a-doodle-do? Whatever. They kept doing it and we were like, "It's not morning. Chill."

The potluck was delicious (one of the farmers/owners brought down a box of freshly picked strawberries for dessert - OH MY GOSH!!) and the barn dance was a blast, as usual. I love seeing all sorts of different people, different ages, different backgrounds...all having wholesome family fun at a farm in the middle of nowhere.







And here's something else that's fun. There was a guy there taking a million pictures with his fancy-schmancy camera. I went up to him and asked where he was from. He replied, "I'm doing an article for 'San Francisco Magazine' on the farm and barn dance." And he took a lot of pixs of my roomates, Jenna, and I dancing. We might be in the article. Good times.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I'm excited about the article. i hope your picture makes the front page!

Smarshie said...

Me too! We definitely hammed it up for the camera so it would be fun to see how silly we looked.