Thursday, August 21, 2008

got 42 minutes to spare?

Another week of me clinging desperately to summer, not ready to admit it's over and kids are back in school and Halloween crap is out in all the Rite Aids.

I feel like this week has been filled with a lot of good-byes. Many of our students from the summer are going back to college or moving out of the area. So that's been kind of hard. And then Intern Jeff (who is now "College Ministry Associate Jeff" - woohoo promotion!) and I are gearing up for fall, so that's keeping things busy at work.

Outside of work, I am totally addicted to the Olympics! I wish it was on earlier, because I've put in some late nights and I definitely feel it the next day. But it's so worth it. GO USA!

Ok, so once in awhile I like to share whatever I'm obsessing about at the time. This week it has been "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog". Would you like to join me in my obsession? You won't regret it. It will be the best 42 minutes of your life.

The background is that Dr. Horrible was created during the writer's strike back in the spring. Joss Whedon (the guy who directed Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, etc) wrote, directed, and produced this mini-musical exclusively for the internet. It premiered last month and now word of mouth is spreading. And so my dear readers, I share it with you.

The premise: Dr. Horrible (Neil Patrick Harris aka: Doogie Howser!) wants to join the Evil League of Evil but the leader wants him to prove he is worthy. And Dr. Horrible's plans always get thwarted by his arch-nemesis, Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion) who is a conceited, narcissistic superhero. Meanwhile, Dr. Horrible falls in love with Penny, the shy girl at the laundrymat. See what happens!


No comments: