Tuesday, June 10, 2008

surfing USA

This morning I went surfing with my roomate Laurel. It has been way too long since I've been out in the water and man oh man, did it feel good!! The sun was out, the waves were perfect, people were friendly, the pelicans were out in huge V's...it was amazing. There was even a guy who would catch waves and then do HANDSTANDS on his board! What the heck?! That is talent.

Random moment to share: Laurel and I shared my surfboard and brought a boogie board for the other to sit on while we waited our turn. The leash for the surfboard is huge and goes around the ankle. The leash for the boogie board is much smaller and goes around the wrist. Laurel caught a few waves first and then we switched boards and leashes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her fiddling with the velcro from the boogie board leash for awhile. Finally she looked up and said, "It's not fitting!" I then realized she was trying to put the velcro around her ankle and it was way too small. I told her it went around her wrist and then tried to brush it off like it was no big deal, so as not to embarrass her. But she smiled and said, "Oh Sarah, feel free to laugh!" So we did.

No comments: