Friday, April 11, 2008

thank goodness for days off

I have Fridays and Saturdays off from work, and hallelujah, I needed today. This week was so lame. And by lame, I mean ridiculously busy and frantic. There is so much going on in students' lives, it's a bit overwhelming. Add to that still not being caught up on post-Mexico schtuff and planning/running the normal college stuff this week. Whew. Both Jeff (intern) and I were so ready for a couple days off.

So instead of boring you with how lame my week was, let me share how AWESOME my Friday was. First off, I slept in. Always a good thing for Sarah. I met a friend for lunch downtown and while we were sitting outside eating, we ran into 3 different random friends at different times. It brought me joy because I realized how much I love the community I live in. I never know who I'm going to run into.

Oh and can I also add how BEAUTIFUL the weather was today? It was seriously in the low 80's and breezy. So of course I drove everywhere with all 4 windows down, sunglasses on, and listening to a new mix CD I made last night. It felt like summer. I was so giddy.

I came home and got inspired to clean my room and bathroom. I will be the first to admit that cleaning the bathroom is on the bottom of my favorite-things-to-do list. But two of my sisters are coming to crash with me next week so I wanted to clean everything up before they got here. And it actually felt good to get everything clean. My room looks good and smells good. Sweet.

And THEN I went on a bike ride. I waited till it cooled down a bit and then got out the ol' bike from the garage. My annual triathlon is coming up in 3 weeks, so I gotta buckle down with training. It was a great ride. I saw 5 deer eating grass in someone's yard, a ton of horses at a ranch, lots of birds, and had the pleasure of multiple bugs flying into my sunglasses and mouth. (Bleh!) But who cares? It was invigorating.

Today has been so nice and relaxing. Just what I needed. Thank goodness for days off.

1 comment:

NixonsMamma said...

Tri-athlon!!! Are you crazy!!!?
You go girl! :) I wanna see pics and video footage. That's awesome. :)