Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger R.I.P.

Spring semester of my senior year in college, I went and saw a movie with my friends. A little teen comedy based on The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare. It was called "10 Things I Hate About You". And thus began my crush on the beautiful Aussie, Heath Ledger.

After that movie and the many following (The Patriot, A Knight's Tale, Brokeback Mountain, etc) I would always loudly claim that Heath was my secret boyfriend/husband. He just didn't know it yet.

Well, I just now got back from a meeting with my intern Jeff and all of our co-workers told us to check Yahoo real quick. So we got on and here is what I saw:

"According to the New York Times, 28 year-old Heath Ledger was found dead in an apartment building in SoHo, New York City this afternoon. It seems that a masseuse went to the apartment for an appointment with Ledger, and was let in by a housekeeper, who knocked on the door of Ledger's bedroom. He was found unconscious in bed, surrounded by pills, and the housekeeper and masseuse called the police. Police sources say 'signs point to a suicide or accidental overdose.' "

So sad.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so bummed too! My favorite movie of his is "The Four Feathers." If you haven't seen it, you must go out and watch it right away!