Sunday, December 16, 2007

oh, the ol' white elephant gift exchange...

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you might remember two years ago when I opened a bag of cement during our house's white elephant gift exchange party, compliments of Mr. Mike M.

And then last year I was duped again by M-squared to open his gift...which turned out to be a nasty, smelly, stain-and-hair-covered chair (that STILL sits in our garage to this very day).

The tradition was broken, my friends. I think turning 30 made me smart. I did NOT choose Mike's gift, and indeed that was a very wise choice. It was a toilet. NICE! Mike, you can keep coming to our party as long as you point out your gift before we start, so I can avoid it at all costs. =)

Other highlights of the par-tay:

* I stole a plastic blue Dunder-Mifflin lunch box from someone and was so excited! Not that I would use it...but it had the Dunder-Mifflin logo on it and I am a HUGE fan of The Office, so I was stoked. However, it immediately got stolen from me. Sad. So then I got a new gift which included a Starbucks gift card. SWEET! Also stolen. What did I end up with? A Kojak record and book set, some random DVD with a He-Man type dude on the front called "Masters of the Universe", and a bottle of "fcuk" cologne which smelled like nasty boy swimming in slime. ewww....

* Scotty G decided to spray me and anyone else nearby with the aforementioned "fcuk" cologne and I reeked like slimy boy for the rest of the evening. (I apologized profusely to anyone who sat within 5 feel of me) Thanks, Scotty!

* Our friend Peter made a 12-month calendar called "The Gordon Girls" (our house is called the "Gordon House") where he took swimsuit models and put our faces in them!! One picture for every month, so we each got two shots of glory. Everyone was screaming and laughing and shrieking and I kept wondering what it was they were looking at. When I finally saw, I was dying! It was so funny! And yet at the same time, it made me want to put seven layers of clothes over myself because I felt so exposed.

* the Jesus figurine that spouted off bible verses when you pressed his back and the bobble head Jesus for your car dashboard were big hits.

* Cara-friend decided to put red and green antlers on her dog, Mr. Darcy. He was less then pleased. He'd be all hyper and letting us pet him, but as soon as those antlers went on...he would put his head down, not move, sulk, and look at us with his big, pleading eyes as if saying, "Give me back my dignity." It was hilarious! I love your dog, Macsies. =)

* Towards the end of the night, my roomate Jessica brought out her marshmellow launcher. One friend stood on the other side of the room with a plastic cup on his head. We tried to shoot it off with the mini-marshmellows. Who knew something so silly could be so fun?! Well, it was at 1:15 at night so I think we were all delirious with lack-of-sleep by that point.

Another fun Christmas party! Thanks to all who came! See you all next year. (P.S. please note the toilet that was left in our living room at the end of the night, plus all the styrofoam peanuts that were also left behind and ripped up. Good times.)

1 comment:

caramac said...

love it, love you, marshie. :) good chatting last night. xo, c.