Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Hobbit!!

If you could see me now, I have a huge grin on my face and I want to step away from my computer and do a little dance of joy!!! I just read some amazing news on yahoo.com:

"After months of bitter legal wrangling, Peter Jackson, New Line Cinema, and MGM Studios Inc. have agreed to make two movies based on the book 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien.

In a statement Tuesday, the companies said Jackson, the director of the smash hit 'Lord of the Rings' movies, and producer Fran Walsh will executive produce both a 'Hobbit' movie and a sequel, but Jackson was not named as the director. 'We don't have a director yet,' said a New Line spokeswoman.

The movies will be made simultaneously starting in 2009, and a tentative release date has been set for 2010 for the first film and 2011 for the second."

Ahhhh!! As a huge fan of both the books and the movies, I am beyond stoked that they are going to make The Hobbit into a movie (actually it sounds like they will be making two movies). I'm a little bummed that Peter Jackson won't be directing, because he did such a great job with the LOTR trilogy, but hopefully whoever they get will be just as good.

This post might make me sound like a nerd, and yes, on one hand I might be. But don't fret...I'm not one of those fanatics that wears cloaks everywhere and has a LOTR lunch box. I just enjoy good literature and film. =)

Bring on The Hobbit!!

No comments: