Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sarah's Top 5

1) The weather here has been so weird lately. It will be cloudy one minute, then sunny, then crazy thunder will start booming out of nowehere and it will start pouring. Everyone's dressing in layers, because we never know what the weather will be like throughout the day.

2) I am in love with hip hop. My class rocks my socks off. I look forward to it every week. We are learning a dance and the more I learn, the more excited I get.

3) Last Saturday was "Sharefest". All the churches in the area got assigned to a different part of town and we spent Saturday serving in our community. We were at a homeless services center. I painted a little, but mostly weeded. I LOVED IT! I did not want to leave. There is something intensely satisfying in pulling out weeds. I was inspired to plant a garden at my house, just so weeds could grow and I could yank them out. Seriously.

4) I went boogie-boarding last Thursday with some friends. I watched the sun set and it was amazing. I really get to live here.

5) Halloween falls on a Wednesday night this year (the night we have college group). So we are having a costume contest, trick-or-treating, and watching a scary (thriller/suspense) movie. I'm not sure what I'm going to be yet. Should be fun, though!

1 comment:

NixonsMamma said...

Hey Sarah, you have such a fun life! I love it! :) And, I wish I could hip-hop with you! Isn't it awesome!! :) Happy Halloween!