Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'm almost 30


I went to a Mary Kay par-tay this afternoon that one of my students was putting on. If you've never been to one (so, basically all guys...) it's about 2 hours of learning about Mary Kay products (make-up, skin care, etc) and getting free make-overs and "Satin Hands" (where your hands come out as soft as a baby's you-know-what).

About halfway through, our "consultant" was telling us how important it was to take care of our skin, blah blah, blah, and then she said something super random:

"Ladies, you know how you can tell how old a tree is by counting its rings? We get rings, too. We get one ring around our neck every 10 years." My first thought was, "Whatever..." but nonetheless I turned my head to look in the mirror. ACK! She's right! I have two lines ("rings") on my neck and the makings of a third one! Seriously, go look in the mirror and check out your neck lines. You should have one for every ten years of life you've lived.

Yep, I'm almost 30. Freakin' Mary Kay.

No comments: