Sunday, June 11, 2006

Roomate Day



Saturday was Roomate Day at the Gordon House. And by golly, what a great day it was. Things started out with me making special pancakes for everyone in the morning. I make pancakes every Saturday (a little tradition I have), but usually just for me or one other person. But Saturday was a day for celebrating. Everyone in the house had something fun to celebrate:

Laurel and Jessica - finished with teaching for the year!
Jen N. and Jen Cope - turned (or are about to turn) 30!
Joanna - has officially lived in the Gordon House a year! (yeah!)
me - my first week as College Director!

So we feasted on banana, walnut, chocolate chip pancakes with whatever toppings people wanted plus lots of juice and coffee. While we ate we watched the World Cup on TV. (Viva Brasil!...in 3 days)

Then, at 1 pm, all 6 of us piled into Copey's car and took off to the nearby high school pool where we swim. A) I love swimming, especially when it's sunny. B) I don't love getting badly burnt on my back (ouch!) I usually swim at night so I'm not used to putting on sunscreen. Oh well, live and learn.

Then, to cap off Roomate Day, we came home, made the hugest salad ever, and sat on the front porch in the sun, eating and sharing stories. Yeah for the sun. Yeah for the Gordon House. And yeah for my roomies. What a great day.

No comments: