Monday, June 05, 2006

Disneyland and fishing and Hairspray, Oh My!





Preface: it is SO weird to be back. I am still in "vacation-mode". I was so out of it at work today. But anyway, my vacay was so fun! Nowhere near long enough, but wonderful just the same.

Monday was my travel day to So. Cal along with lots of hugs and talking with my BFF, Elissa and her hubby, Mike. Tuesday was a mini-reunion with another close friend/roomate from college, Melanie. Mel had flown out from Texas, so we spent the day together. We went shopping and then drove to the ol' alma mater. The first picture is of Elissa, Mel, and I in front of our old dorm. We walked inside and it still smells the same. Awesome. We met Mike for dinner and then went to see The Da Vinci Code. I couldn't stop looking at Tom Hanks' hair. It's the closest thing to a mullet one can get. Come on, Tom.

On Wednesday we visited the Mouse House. Ok, can I just say Space Mountain is AMAZING?!?! They put in a new track and so it just flies. We were in the front car and tears were literally flying off my face because my eyes were watering like crazy. I had a perma-grin the whole ride. Go to D-land just to go on Space! So fun! (Pirates of the Caribbean was closed because they are adding Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa to the ride. That should be interesting) It was a great day.

We drove to San Diego that night. Elissa's parents live down there and her dad took us fishing on Thursday. I caught 6 fish! Woohoo! The picture is of the fifth one I caught - a bass. I hadn't been fishing in ten years...when Elissa's dad took me out for the first time our freshmen year in college. We caught 17 fish altogether but only took home 3. They were delicious!

Friday we just relaxed and then that night we went to see Hairspray, the musical. We are huge theater fans, so we go whenever I am down. Two years ago we saw Les Miserables, last year we saw Wicked, and this year it was Hairspray. I went not knowing anything about it and it was fantastic! Such fun dancing and singing. I wanted to jump on stage and join them. It kind of had the same feel as Bye Bye Birdie. Lots of energy and humor. I think I might have to go out and buy the soundtrack. I added the link to Hairspray on Broadway under "websites", if you want to check it out!

The hard part about vacations (maybe you can relate) is it takes a couple days to finally relax and start enjoying yourself. And then just when you're geting used to being away from work and life...you have to go back. Yowsahs. I think vacations should be a minimum of 7 or 8 days. =) Who's with me!?!?!

What a great week. Just what I needed. Maybe not as much rest as I had thought I would get, but definitely lots of fun. Hopefully all of you have vacation time coming to you soon. Bring it on!

No comments: