Monday, February 13, 2006

Copeland


I discovered this group at a friend's house. Their latest CD "In Motion" was playing and I LOVED their sound. "What band is this?" Copeland. So I stole (er, borrowed and plan and returning it...one day) their CD and have been listening to it non-stop. I dig it big time. I guess people would categorize this music as "emo". I have to laugh, because if I hadn't worked at a high school camp last summer, I still would have NO idea what "emo" even is. =)

Anyway, the lead singer's name is Aaron Marsh and he has the best falsetto voice I have ever heard. It's quite beautiful and haunting. Check 'em out: www.thecopelandsite.com. They are on tour right now and will be playing in SF on March 23rd. I am trying to decide if I want to go. I think it would be an awesome concert. Anyone in the area interested in going?

No comments: