Friday, February 10, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

I saw this movie yesterday with one of my roomates. Think of me what you will. Here's the thing: it is a VERY well-done movie. I went into it with many apprehensions. And yes, there were times when my roomie and I had to look at each other because we had a hard time looking at the screen. But this movie was GOOD.

I'm not saying it's the best movie ever, I'm not saying I will see it again or rent it as soon as it comes out. But I am glad I saw it. The directing, the cinematography, and especially the acting...all A+. Beautiful. I will admit, this movie is not for everyone. I wouldn't recommend it to many people.

Here's my beef, though: This movie will win Best Picture. I have no doubt. Where are all the other good movies to compete with it?? The other movies up for Best Picture at the Oscars are Capote, Munich, Good Night and Good Luck, and Crash. I have no desire to see any of those (except maybe Crash). Usually there are some really great films up for Best Pic. Where are they? I guess this last year was pretty lame in the movie biz. Oh well. Here's hoping for some good flicks in 2006.

No comments: