Saturday, January 07, 2006

This book is killin' me...


Today marks not the first but the SECOND time I have left a coffee shop in tears. And it's all because of this book I am reading: "Captivating" by John and Staci Eldredge. (John wrote "Wild At Heart" for men. "Captivating" is for women) There is only one other book in the world that has made me cry and it was a fictional story. I guess I just don't get very emotional in books. But this book is killin' me! I feel like its words go straight through me and pierce my heart! I feel so weird sitting in a coffeeshop surrounded by adults talking, kids playing, teenagers flirting - and then there's me reading and getting all choked up and teary. Who cries in a coffeeshop? Over a book? And I've done it twice over the same book.

Ladies, if you have not read this book yet, PLEASE do. It completely captures the heart of a woman and why God made us the way we are. Heck, GUYS, you should read it, too. Some guys complain that they don't understand women (and sometimes I complain that I don't understand guys...maybe I should read "Wild At Heart"...) but if you read this book, you would have a better understanding of us.

As of now, I am only half-way through it. I guess that means I have more tears to come. (Man, it's SO good, but kind of draining at the same time) The link to buy it off Amazon is under my "books" list on my blog. Enjoy it like I am. Just don't read it in a coffeeshop...

No comments: