Sunday, January 29, 2006

Re-living Jr. high days


Last night the roomates and I (minus one) went to a "Jr. High Dance" party. You had to show up wearing a typical outfit from junior high. *shriek!* Oh, the horror!! We had to go back and look at BAD pictures of ourselves to get costume ideas. I can't believe we thought we looked so cool! And yet there we are in our acid washed jeans, hair pulled up and to the side with a big clip or scrunchie, blue eyeshadow and pink frosty lip gloss, double (different colored) socks, LA gear hightops with spandex, bright neon/flourescent colored shirts pulled to the side with a ruberband or clip...oh man. And yet those styles were popular. You wanted to fit in, so you dressed that way. I wonder what we wear now that 15 years from now will make us cringe?

After the party, we went downtown to El Palomar (mexican restaurant) and got lots of fun stares from people. We talked about fun memories from Jr. high. I realized I was in Jr. high from 1989-1991. My days were filled with New Kids on the Block, MC Hammer, and Vanilla Ice. I am OLD.

2 comments:

caramac said...

are you frickin kidding me?! Hilarious. I think my outfits were the most similar to Laurel's, though I don't think I want to expose the pasty whites (ie: legs) in the middle of winter. Help me Jesus. Love you, marshie!!!

Smarshie said...

Cara, thanks for being my "comment-friend". =) Love you, too.