Monday, November 07, 2005

TRB

I love Mondays. Why you ask? One word, three letters: TRB. Oh, the glories of TRB on Monday nights! About two and a half years ago, our house began making this special dinner every Monday night. Before we knew it, TRB became a weekly tradition. Something to look forward to on your Monday-back-to-work-day.

T=tofu (cut up, cooked in olive oil and sprinkled with garlic salt)
R=rice (cooked in a big rice cooker left behind by an old roomate)
B=broccoli (steamed, then mixed with sesame oil, sesame seeds, and garlic salt)

Put all three ingredients together and you have a little bowl of heaven to feast on with chopsticks.

But I have come to realize that TRB is so much more than just the food. It's the atmosphere of a TRB night. Absolutely anyone can come join the six of us roomates and enjoy a delicious bowl of TRB, along with good conversation, the fun house fire alarm (almost guaranteed to go off every Monday night at least once), maybe a game, laughter, and overall just great fellowship with other people.

I have eaten approximately 130 bowls of TRB and I still look forward to it every Monday night. I wonder if I'll ever get sick of it? (Nah, I doubt it)

Come join us for TRB one Monday night. Your taste buds will dance and sing! And maybe you will too!

2 comments:

caramac said...

I am so so so so so so so so so jealous of this picture and current blog. I love TRB. I love the ladies. Dang it. Way to grab at my heart. Nobody in Washington likes TRB yet....I'm not sure if I'm going to make it through the year. love you! cara:)

Smarshie said...

Cara, I love you. And TRB loves you. Washington needs to get on the ball...