Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mountains and Valleys



There are times in life when you feel on top of the world. A "mountain-top experience", people might say. Life is going great, no worries. I have that feeling a lot and I love it. And then there are times when life gets hard. You go through difficult times. It's more of a "valley" experience. I praise the Lord that the good times WAY outnumber the hard. But right now I am feeling like I'm in a valley.

I could sugar-coat this blog and say that everything is going great...but that's not honest. I always want people to be real with me, so I am choosing to be real with you guys. I am struggling. I have fears and doubts and sometimes I really feel Satan is trying to attack me in my new job.

It is going to get better, this I know. My God is a good God. Every day I focus on a new attribute of God from a list my mentor gave me. It goes alphabetically starting with God is "Able" and will end with God is "Zealous". I'm on the "F"s so far. Today's characteristic of God? "FAITHFUL". And He is. He will see me through this. Walk by faith, Sarah, not by sight. These feelings are only temporary, even though they seem to overpower me sometimes.

If you know me, please pray for me. I will keep you guys updated. I am looking forward to climbing up that mountain once more...

2 comments:

Thegoodz said...

Sarah you sojourn with such grace and honesty, I see much beauty in that. Know that you are loved and as I type this i'm throwing up a prayer. Lord show Sarah how she's the ideal piece for the puzzle that you have constructed for her at Twin Lakes...

If you need a taste of the familiar, you can always show the pondy promo video to some of your new college friends.
Scotty

caramac said...

I love the marshie...wish we could have gotten more chat time this weekend. I'll call soon. praying for you. Jesus, show your faithfulness to sarah...be with her now. love you (both jesus and sarah, hee hee). c