Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Maui memories

Hi friends. I'm home from Maui. This vacation was so good. It was good for my soul. I felt my body calm down. I felt my thoughts calm down. I felt myself breathe. I slept, ate, read, snorkeled (with my sea turtles), ocean kayaked (and saw humpback whales), went into town and shopped and had fun dinners with my fam, I walked along the beach, I saw rainbows, I put flowers in my hair, I wore a skirt every day. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Woke up at 5:45 a.m. to fly to Maui (how cute are my nephews?)

This green sea turtle pushed himself out of the ocean to take a nap on the rocks.


one of our fun family dinners in Lahaina


ocean kayaking


palm tree, ocean, clouds, rainbow, love


I also have 2 fun videos to share. The first is a video of me snorkeling with my sea turtle friends. I love them. They are "gentle giants" of the sea. And when they are this big (6-7 feet), they are OLD. Like maybe 100 years old.



The second video was from kayaking. February is humpback whale season. They migrate down from Alaska and the ocean was brimming with them. As we were kayaking, one swam right by us (about 20 feet away).



And now I am back. Back to life, back to reality. However, I am very thankful for this trip. It seriously came at such a good time.

No comments: