Monday, October 10, 2011

fall road trip

The past two weeks, Intern Scott and I have been getting all the details ironed out for our annual Fall Road Trip. Every year we take a bunch o' college students somewhere fun. The whole point of the trip is to bond and build community. It's so nice to get away from church and get to know each other, while making memories at the same time.

This year, we're heading to the Happiest Place on Earth! Aka: Sarah's 2nd home. I swear, I have been to Disneyland a million times and I'm still not sick of it. I love it so flippin' much. I think I will always love it.

Anyway, in previous years we've taken anywhere between 10-20 peeps on the fall road trip. This year, we're taking 35. Woot! That might not sound like a lot to jr. high or high school groups who pile 100 kids on one bus for 13 hours straight and the bus breaks down in some podunk town where it's 105 degrees outside. (Sorry, I'm having flashbacks of my own high school trips.) But 35 is big for us. There's a lot of collecting money, medical release forms, finding drivers and cars, putting directions together, making cell phone lists, getting gas money, hunting down some walkie-talkies, figuring who sleeps in what rooms at the motel, etc.

We leave Friday.

Mickey...we're coming for you.

No comments: