Friday, March 11, 2011

praying for Japan

By now all of you have heard about Japan's huge 8.9 earthquake and the tsunami that swept into northeast Japan and destroyed farmland, boats, and homes and took the lives of thousands.

These natural disasters are so devastating. I just don't understand. I could not sleep last night, thinking about it. At times like this I feel so helpless. I want to help. What can I do?

Something practical we can do is donate to the Red Cross. Anything you donate (even if it's just $10) supports their disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Click here to link directly to their donation page. Or if it's easier, you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10.

And let's keep praying for Japan and the people there.

To end, I just want to share a picture I saw today of a school in India. This picture reminds me that even though we are a big world, we are connected.

No comments: