Sunday, January 16, 2011

criminal

There is a bakery near our house. They make yummy breads and pastries. And we heard that at the end of the day, they just throw out whatever they don't sell. They throw it out! I don't think they're allowed to legally donate it to homeless shelters or anything like that (in case someone got sick, they could be held liable), but that just seems silly to me. It's perfectly good bread. In fact, it's amazingly good bread! It seems such a waste to just throw it all out.

And when they throw it out, they have it in neat, clean bags. That are easily untied. And they leave the dumpster gates wide open.

So, well, er, um, all of this to say...I may or may not have gone dumpster diving behind the bakery last night.

I plead the fifth.

7 comments:

New Branch said...

i can't decide if that's nasty or genius. how did it taste?

Smarshie said...

I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know.

I really think they WANT people to take their left-over bread!

caramac said...

well of course you did! You have to go dumpster diving at beckman's at some point in your life!

Emily said...

I want some!!!

Smarshie said...

Cara-friend, where is Beckman's? I'm so there!

Emily, it was SO good! =)

Jenna Harvey said...

I missed this?!?!?!?!?! Can we do it again? Miss you roommie! See you soon.

Smarshie said...

YES! We'll do it together sometime. Come home soon!!