Wednesday, December 22, 2010

recharge the ol' batteries

Vacation is the best, no?

I just got home from a lovely 8 days of vacay in southern California visiting my bestie and doing absolutely nothing. Well, we did SOME stuff, but I basically wanted to get away and sleep and eat and not think about work. Recharge my batteries. And boy, was it great. I slept in till noon every day. I ate a lot. I lounged around a lot. I thought a lot. I read. We watched multiple episodes of Psych and I'm now in love with that show. Here are some pictures of other stuff we did during the week.

* Disneyland. If you have never gone at Christmas time, please do! They go all out. Elissa (BFF), her hubby Mike, our friend from college, Jessica, and I went and frolicked in the happiest place on earth one night and it was awesome.


This was in line for Thunder Mountain. Mike is flashing his gang signs.



* Kathy Griffin show. We saw Kathy two years ago and I couldn't wait to see her again. I laughed for 2 and a half hours straight. Her favorite thing to do is make fun of other celebrities. Here were some of her favorite people to talk about: Taylor Swift dating Jake Gyllenhaal, Lindsay Lohan, Ryan Seacrest, hosting New Years Eve with Anderson Cooper, Bristol Palin, Larry King's final show, Miley Cyrus, and many others. She also talked about her mom, Maggie, who is one of the biggest highlights of her show "My Life on the D-List".

And because her show was in LA, we got to see some celebrities. We saw Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who plays Mitchell on Modern Family. He was there with a bunch of friends. And then we saw Kathy's mom, Maggie, walk in. I yelled her name and waved, and she looked up at us. And THEN we saw Jane Lynch walk in! As a huge GLEE fan, to see Sue Sylvester in person was a real treat! I was going crazy! And we realized our seats were right by the "secret celebrity entrance". Sweet.

Elissa and I (rockin' the glasses) before the show started.


* Elissa and Mike have an annual Christmas par-tay at their house and I was stoked that I was there for it. Their house was super decorated, they made a yummy taco bar, and in the midst of the mingling, there were some intense rounds of the card game "Nertz" happening on the second floor.


Now I'm home and looking forward to Christmas. 3 days!

No comments: