Wednesday, December 29, 2010

end-of-the-year bullet points

* My Christmas vacation was filled with lots of Judah-time, really good food, looking at Christmas lights, relatives at my parents' house from all over CA and OR, singing Christmas carols at a nearby assisted living facility, going to a live nativity re-enactment of Bethlehem including angels, camels, wisemen, Roman soldiers, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, and a zonkey (half zebra/half donkey), GLEE Karaoke on the Wii, and some great walks (when it wasn't raining).

* I went back to work this week. Whenever I return after vacation, I'm always like, "What do I do? Who am I?" It's a bit of a transition.

* A couple relatives were sick and now I feel like I'm coming down with something. Noooooooo

* Complaining bullet point: I wish it would not rain or get dark at 5 pm. I would love to exercise, but one of those two reasons has kept me from a good run or swim for a long time. I am craving a good, long, hard workout.

* While we're waiting, can you pass the leftover Christmas cookies and brownies? Thanks.

* Have you seen The King's Speech yet? Please do! The acting and writing are superb. I wish I was British.

* Highlight: my electric blanket. My bed has become a cozy cocoon of warmth on cold nights. Lowlight: not being able to get out of bed in the morning. Seriously, how can I leave that coziness and face the frigid world (aka: my room)?

* Can you also pass the leftover chocolate chip bread and almond rochas? Thanks.

Are you ready to say goodbye to 2010? Are you excited for the new year?

No comments: