Sunday, March 14, 2010

Congratulations Jenn and Nick!

This weekend, there was an engagement par-tay for one of my roomates, Jenn, and her (now) fiancee Nick. Jenn and I worked together at camp summer of 2000 and we've been friends ever since. And we've lived together for the past 5 years which I've loved. I am SO excited these two are getting married.

Nick's parents threw a Mexican fiesta at the beach, complete with decorations, food, and a pinata. The previous day it had been pouring rain, but the day of the fiesta it was gorgeous and sunny. Yeah! You know something I love about parties like these? People coming together. It's like a reunion of sorts. People from all different stages of life, coming together to celebrate, being surrounded by family and friends - it's like a preview of their wedding day.

But not only is it fun for them, but it's fun for US! I got to see friends with their husbands (I want one) and babies (I want one) that I haven't seen in awhile and it was so great to catch up with everyone. The food was soooo good, the weather was perfect, the kids went nutzo over the pinata, the faces of new and old friends was beautiful.

Congratulations Jenn and Nick!!


No comments: