Sunday, December 06, 2009

um, this is not ok


Last week my dad told my sisters and I that he had been talking to some friends and suddenly felt "thick-tongued". He was having trouble saying words and putting his thoughts into sentences. Other times he said he was slurring his words and sounded drunk. My mom took him to the emergency room where they took a bunch of tests. They made an appointment for an MRI to see what was going on in his brain. He got the results late last week and called and told us.

My dad had a mild stroke.

Needless to say, I am a bit of a wreck.

6 comments:

Susannah said...

not ok at all. i love your dad and saw him yesterday and of course, he was already making jokes about the stroke. silly frank. love you guys and praying for your dad.

Jody said...

Sarah. I am so so sorry. It sounds like he's doing okay, but I can only imagine how I would feel if I were you. Call if you want to talk, okay?

Sarah said...

Sorry Sares...thinking and praying for you beautiful.

Smarshie said...

Thank you for your prayers, ladies!

Lyds said...

praying for your dad! amy didn't tell me. love you all.

Emily said...

I'm praying for your dad, Sarah. Keep us posted!