Thursday, October 22, 2009

GLEE + Joss Whedon = awesomeness

You have probably heard me rave about my new favorite TV show GLEE. And you might have heard me rave about Joss Whedon - the man behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, and my personal favorite: "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" (which if you haven't seen yet, PLEASE go to Hulu and watch it. It will be the best 42 minutes of your day). Anyway, I heard some news today that combines the awesomeness of GLEE and Joss.

Joss is going to direct one of the upcoming episodes!

Joss directed an episode of The Office (another one of my favorite shows) in its third season and to this day, it is still one of my favorite episodes (the one where a bat is loose in the office and Jim pretends he got bit to tease Dwight). So this news makes me very happy. Here's what the article said:

"Turns out, the genius who gave us not only the 'Once More, With Feeling' musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but also Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is a big fan of Ryan Murphy’s new phenom. So when Twentieth (the studio behind Glee) approached him about the gig, pretty much his only reservation was scheduling.

'Joss directed one of the great musical episodes in the history of television on Buffy,' gushes Murphy, 'so this is a great, if unexpected, fit. I’m thrilled he’ll be loaning us his fantastic groundbreaking talent.' "

Any GLEE and/or Joss fans out there? Are you as stoked as I am?!

6 comments:

Jody said...

Megan (at Verve) is related to Quinn. Cousins or something.

Haley said...

JOSS WHEDON + GLEE = AMAZING

I am SO excited. I mean, like, SO EXCITED. So excited that I am considering dumping a grape slushee on my head.

Jody said...

I think I have a crush on Mr. Schuster.

Smarshie said...

Oh my gosh, I need to go and find this Megan barista at Verve and get the deets. That is so cool.

I LOVED the grape slushie war.

I loved Emma's song.

And I also have a crush on Mr. Schue.

Lyds said...

as a long-time fan of Buffy - the tv series, i saw this article on the web and nearly peed!!! can't wait either!

sue sylvester for president.

Smarshie said...

I would vote for Sue. Cuz that's how Sue "C"s it!!