Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wildflower Triathlon

Every year, I have the opportunity to do a triathlon. It's usually the first weekend in May and it's called "Wildflower" at Lake San Antonio. They offer three choices for distance and I do the sprint distance: 1/4 mile swim (which doesn't sound far but really is, at least for me), 10 mile bike, and 2 mile run.

Not only is the race itself super fun, but I look forward to the whole weekend. It's so nice to get away and camp with a bunch of friends. To relax and read in my chair with the sun above me, chat with people I haven't seen in awhile, eat yummy food, feel the excitement build with other participants.

So my friends, I leave tomorrow to drive to the lake and will be back late Saturday evening. Can't wait to tell you how it goes!

No comments: