Tuesday, August 05, 2008

bullet points

* This past weekend was great. There was a good-bye party for our dear friend Scott who is moving to Boston for grad school. We'll miss you Scotty G! Then on Sunday we celebrated the marriage of another dear friend Holly and her (now) husband Andrew!! Woot! The wedding was outside at a beautiful park right next door to a national park full of redwood trees. I am so so happy for them!

* The dance-off between AC/DC and the M&M Cru was last night at the Teen Choice awards. If you didn't see it, check it out here. I love watching the dancing! I can't wait to start going to my hip hop class again in the fall.

* This is random, but I have started getting into the "Jumble" in newspapers. Ya know, it's next to the crossword and sudoku. You unscramble words to figure out the answer to a riddle. I guess that means I'm a nerd. I think it's because I like the feeling when I figure it out. "AHA! Got it!" It makes me feel really smart for that nano-second. But then that is soon followed by exasperation because the riddle is so dumb and I feel silly for getting all excited.

* I am going through a Jane Austen phase. I have always loved her novels but lately I have been Netflixing all the film and TV adaptations of her books. I know everyone's favorite Jane Austen male character is Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy (he's mine, too). But I found a close second! In 2007, the British station BBC made "Northanger Abbey" into a movie for TV. I watched it the other night and LOVED Henry Tilney! He is so great. His character is witty, clever, teasing, flirty, and very kind. This was one Austen book I have not read so I plan to see if the film portrays him accurately.

* The Olympics start this Friday!!! 8-8-08 dawg.

* Intern Jeff and I only have two more weeks of college program for the summer. So we've been in the midst of planning for the fall: Where are we going to go on our fall road trip? What is our teaching series going to be? How can we encourage our students to invite their friends to the college group?

* The other day I went creekwalking and picked blackberries. There are millions! And then I came home and made blackberry milkshakes for myself and the roomies. That is a little slurp of heaven, my friends.

* I get to see Eddie Izzard in So. Cal THIS SATURDAY NIGHT!!!! Ahhhh! I have been looking forward to this for months. I hope my stomach hurts from laughing too hard.

* I would love to take a nap right now.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wonderful bullets, all! I too am a huge Jane Austen fan. I also have not seen Northanger Abbey. Let me know how it measures up to the book! Have fun seein Eddie Izard. He's freakin' hilarious! =) Love ya!